Happy Friday, and happy first official day of winter break to my Hokies!
I couldn’t be more happy to finally be home and able to relax. Virginia Tech happened to have the latest finals week out of any university I know, so that wasn’t exactly thrilling, but all that is over and done with. Thank goodness. Too-duh-loo to Fall Semester 2013!
I posted a picture of some delicious Banana Walnut [Vegan] Muffins that I made last Sunday morning on Instagram [@Chowido] and said I would be posting the recipe soon, so here you go!
Inspired by Minimalist Baker’s Vegan Banana Nut Muffins for Two.
This recipe only serves 2; per muffin.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I used normal whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted (I used coconut oil)
- 1 small flax egg (1/2 tbsp flaxseed meal + t tbsp water)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp whole walnuts, more for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, lightly butter (coconut oil) two muffin holders in a muffin pan, and prepare flax egg to set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana, leaving some texture.
- Add brown sugar, baking soda, salt and whisk for one minute.
- Stir in flax egg, vanilla, melted butter (coconut oil) and stir.
- Add flour and stir with a spoon or spatula until just combined. Add walnuts after combined.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin holders (about 1/2 to 3/4 full) and generously top with walnuts (if desired).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes, remove from pan, and serve warm.
Today, I began my “Winter Break of Weight Lifting” challenge at my local gym. I went right around noon, and happened to be joined by the Fairfax County Fire Department. My lucky day, haha!
Be expecting a post soon about the start of my holiday fitness journey! I’m pretty excited about it. Not going to lie, I feel really intense in the gym now that I have a better idea of what I’m doing and always have a set workout routine to follow. I think I could get used to this. No wandering, clueless girl in the weight room here! 🙂
Enjoy your weekend, all!